GEAX AKA 650B

Discussion in 'Tires' started by Torrent77, Jun 21, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Torrent77

Torrent77 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    I was on pricepoint and this tire was highly rated. However 1 review really threw me in a loop.

"5 out of 5 stars
    PATRICK L.
    NORTHRIDGE, CA

Lightweight and grippy on sandy and rocky hardpack. I have it on the front 650b 60psi. Reminiscent of a park jumping tire like a Hutch Cobra but better taller knobs."​

Does this sound right to you? I like to read reviews of products, but sometimes I get these odd ball review where I call into question the validity of the reviewer. 60psi is a lot of pressure for a tire. In fact I think a lot of tire manufacturers say bead with 60psi then reduce to the pressure range on the tire. I've only had a handful of experience with tires and they were all with 26ers. What do you guys think?

2. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    I used the have an AKA as a real tire on my 29" FS bike.
    I would never use it @ 60 PSi (25-30).
    I didn't try it as front tire, but as a rear is was fast and loose (not grate attribute for a front tire). The side knobs are too small.
    Traction deteriorated after about 500 miles (I'm over 210 lbs.).

Torrent77 likes this.
  3. Torrent77

Torrent77 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Good to know. I think I'll keep looking.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?