Entry Level Dirt Jumpage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kazlx, Aug 16, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    My natural inclination is to buy exactly what I want the first time, but I figured this would be a good spot to use the 'less is more' mantra and see how much I actually ride it first. I've been eyeballing dirt jumpers/street rigs for a while now, hoping I would be able to get more saddle time once my oldest learned how to ride a real bike. So after that happened, I was anxious and picked up an older P1 chromo for $150. Really want a Black Market Edit 1, but this will do for now as a test to see how much I ride it. I figure I can't lose for $150. I have a Cult BMX that I've ridden for a while, but it just feels awkward all time. I think I'm beyond (for me) the time riding a 20", however still may use it for tricks into my pool.

36565384846_7e8bafc1f7_z.jpg

2. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    That's rad! I was just talking about looking for a used BMX bike to start messing around on the street with and for when my kid gets bigger but a DJ may be a better answer. Curious to hear your opinion on it after some time, I've got a bit before my boy is on a real bike.

Mikie likes this.
  3. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    N+1

I'd love to pick one of those up some day. I still want to fix my childhood BMX I still have!

DangerDirtyD and Mikie like this.
  4. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    You're more than welcome to borrow my Cult if you want to give a whirl for a while. Or we could meet up for a Vans or skatepark session.

DangerDirtyD, Cornholio and Mikie like this.
  5. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Thanks! We'll chat more when we get out for a ride.. never got into skatepark riding on a bike but it's never too late!