Ellsworth Rogue 60

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews' started by Tom the Bomb, Jan 5, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Amazing technical climber, butter on the descents. Like no other bike I have ridden. One issue. I was on the xl and felt I was too far back over the rear tire. I had the seat all the way forward and still felt like I needed another degree forward in the seat tube. I do not like the forward push on the cranks as it puts too much strain on my lower back. Everything else was awesome. Very active and plush. Try one. I think the bike looks badasss!

Danmtchl, DangerDirtyD and herzalot like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Thanks for the succinct review. I have found that a steeper seat angle is critical to my chronic back pain, so a setup like you describe would be an absolute no-go for me. Luckily, I am not in the market for a new steed.

I have ridden one Ellsworth - their DH Dare. It was very plush, especially in braking bumps.

Danmtchl and DangerDirtyD like this.
  3. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    i owned a truth WAAAY back in the day. the first year it was available. and, from what i remember it was the best handling back i've ever ridden. when it's time for a new bike i will def be looking at the rogue 60. especially now that they have caught up to the times w/ the slack frame angles and offer internal cable routing.

4. Fun!!!! I would like to own an ellsworth in my lifetime.

5. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    I wanted an Ellsworth epiphany one upon a time

bvader and Danmtchl like this.
  6. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    I had an Epiphany Once... Great All Around Bike! Many Miles

This was the Smoke... very cool finish / look.

This was brand new 140mm I wore it out then put a 150mm rode great!

I broke the rockers at the bottom of noble about 1 year in, there was a bad alloy mix apparently to much Magnesium, Ells replaced them no questions asked.

IMG_1223_pp.jpg

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  7. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    I'm currently on a 2012 Ellsworth Moment. The thing stands out in a crowd for sure, but, man does it climb and descend well. My only issue is it feels a bit on the small side for me.

I rode the XL Rogue 60 a couple months ago and it felt spacious enough for a big(ger) guy like me -6'3, 250- but it really wanted to be tossed around and playful.

When I demo'd it, the Ellsworth guy I talked to (Andre) said the headtube angle was 1* slacker and the seat tube angle 1* steeper than the Moment.

I'm currently in the process of working lots of OT and waiting impatiently to get the Rogue 60.

http://m.vitalmtb.com/features/Pro-Bike-Check-Andre-Pepins-Ellsworth-Rogue-60,1504

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    bvader, UPSed and DangerDirtyD like this.
  9. riiz

riiz Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Heckler/Killmaleon
    I have no idea why Ellsworth would ask Pinkbike to announce that news. Ellsworth is such a polarizing brand, pretty much anyone older than 35+ either hates them or wanted one. And if you're younger, you dont know who they are. So going with Lopes as your brand Ambassador just reaffirms to the haters, that they are a brand for older professionals, the opposite of what every other bike manufacturer is trying to sell.

herzalot and bvader like this.
  10. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Every company has a target. Lopes is just getting the cash while he can. Don't blame him one bit.

bvader and DangerDirtyD like this.
  11. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    It's on some other sites as well bike rumor etc. I sure it was a press release that goes out on the news wire and PB picked it up fast. Agree on your comments... I'm on the good experience side but have met many that are not.

Interesting to see what happens...

12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Older professionals are the only ones who can afford full-carbon bikes with top end components. ALL bike manufacturers should be marketing to us.

OGWM - Old Guys With Money

rossage and bvader like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?