Consider Donation to grow the Hubitat DIY Bike Repair Station! 2 days left!

Discussion in 'Trail Advocacy' started by Cyclotourist, Aug 4, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Bike Advocacy Thread!
    Some of you may know I volunteer (irregularly) at the Redlands BikeBBQ. The BBQ is a non-profit community-based bike shop. A similar one, The Hubitat has opened nearby in San Bernardino, and they are soliciting donations to reach a $10,000 goal. There is already a $5,000 matching offer, so they are trying to hit the $5,000 mark. If you happen to be looking for a way to donate to a tax-exempt non-profit, the Hubitat can use your support!

https://www.ioby.org/project/bicycle-hubitat-san-bernardino

Here is the executive director's most recent email about the campaign:

"Wednesday, I spent the evening at Hubitat talking to the patrons as they worked on their bikes or as they came by to ask about what we're doing there. The consistent message was that they appreciated our presence or wished we could be open/available tomorrow so they can bring their bikes. As an adage to the afternoon, we even received donations from patrons that were homeless or on food stamps that wanted to contribute because they saw that their contribution would be doubled, and it was their way of investing in something they needed to continue to exist in the community. One gentleman - Stephen- donated his last 50 cents. When I insisted he keep it, he said, "It's okay people are generous, they'll help me out, and this here is a good thing you guys are doing." This was honestly heartbreaking to watch. The poorest are donating, and now we have $332 (update as of Sunday 7:37AM $1,682) dollars raised from them and our other generous donors. My take away from that evening was we CAN easily do better. WE NEED to do better. The Hubitat not only serves the needs of the under-served I constantly meet at the location, but it will be the platform for all bicycle users throughout the region. So donating also means having a bike co-op sustained and growing while the light rail to Redlands and beyond gets built; it means our services will continue to be an integral part of the transit experience as people travel throughout the county now, and in the future between Palm Springs to LA or Riverside. It will allow our commuter and recreational riders the resources to fix their bikes between their destinations. We have limited hours at the Hubitat, but this campaign will help leverage funds to potentially expand our hours, tools, supplies, etc.

With all this in mind and so much at stake, I ask each of you to please make sure to directly donate even $5 to the crowdfunding campaign via: https://www.ioby.org/project/bicycle-hubitat-san-bernardino.

Your tax deductible donation will become $10, which will help to incentivize others to donate as well. Our goal is to raise $5,335 which will be matched to $10,335."

1-1024x281.jpg

2. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    IEBA just pushed out an email, and for the remainder of the drive, there is a 200% match being made:

"TransitCenter and ioby are so thrilled with the fundraising progress during this last week of Trick Out My Trip that we wanted to add a pretty exciting incentive for the last push of the campaign:

Starting right now, for every $1 that is donated to your ioby campaign, an additional $2 will be given by TransitCenter! The first $100 of each donation will be matched 2 for 1.

For example, a $15 donation means your campaign is matched with $30 more, for a total of $45! A $100 donation will be matched with an additional $200, meaning $300 total for your campaign!"

Grassblade23 likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?