Cisco's Moving to Seattle Farewell Ride

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Cisco Roots, Jul 7, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 07-09-17
  1. Ricardo

Ricardo Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Ricardo
    Current Bike:
    Specialized Fuse Expert
    Sorry I dont understand what do you mean, I am not native english speaker so perhaps my message has been misunderstood. I hope that my 2nd message is more clarifying.

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    In that case, I hope the herd lets you flock around with them tomorrow! I won't be there. Which is what I am best at - not actually riding.

Have fun! Oh, and Cheers!

Mikie, Runs with Scissors and Ricardo like this.
  3. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    This is cool! Damn straight you could join this ride! Take my spot, for I must pass on tomorrow morning. I would think someone will be able to take you along up the mountain. If you need to drive all the way to the starting point, and you don't have a forest adventure pass, you'll get a ticket you can pay with a $5 forest adventure pass you could purchase retroactively.

Welcome to California. It's kinda warm this weekend, but not bad yet when you consider what's coming down the pipeline.

4. Ricardo

Name:
    Ricardo
    Current Bike:
    Specialized Fuse Expert
    Thanks for your message! I was asking if I could join the shuttle with Luis, otherwise I will do as you say and pay retroactively, thanks for the tip.
    See you tomorrow then for those who come!

Mikie, Cisco Roots and herzalot like this.
  5. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Hi @Ricardo and welcome aboard. Sorry to say but the shuttle is full, but you're more than welcome to meet us at the carpool spot off the 210 fwy and caravan up the mountain. I can discuss the parking options for you in person. :)

Mikie and herzalot like this.
  6. Ricardo

Name:
    Ricardo
    Current Bike:
    Specialized Fuse Expert
    Ok cool, see you there at 6.15am

Mikie and herzalot like this.
  7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Right on, guys. Welcome to IMTBT, @Ricardo...see you mañana. This one's for you:

Mikie, Cisco Roots and Luis like this.
  8. Ricardo

Name:
    Ricardo
    Current Bike:
    Specialized Fuse Expert
    Gracias Mike ;) see you

Mikie and mike like this.
  9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Forget about it, man. Your communication is excellent. We here are just hyper-vigilant about spammers posing as good people like yourself. :)

10. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Won't be able to make the ride But I'm fortunate to have ridden with you at least once. Good times, SART I believe. Have fun exploring new trails in Seattle. Keep us posted!

mike, Mikie and Cisco Roots like this.
  11. Robbie

Robbie Guest

Great riding outside of Seattle (from May-October anyway), check out the trail section from the bike group up there: https://www.evergreenmtb.org/ I suggest Tiger Mountain, Duthie Hill/Grand Ridge close in, my favorites are Greenwater area epics (Suntop, Palisades, Skookum Flats)

mike, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 3 others like this.
  12. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Not gonna make this after all:(. Have a fun & safe ride y'all.

Cisco Roots, mike and Mikie like this.
  13. Postal Pat

Postal Pat Well-Known Member

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    Can't get out there for this ride but have fun and good luck @Cisco Roots on the new adventure

Cisco Roots, mike and Mikie like this.
  14. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Yup, this ride happened. Still gotta wrap my head around the number of riders that showed up.
    Thanks @mike for breaching the OC curtain and now you know the charm of the Strawberry peak loop.
    Great to meet and ride with you @Ricardo (yes guys, he is real).
    I'm sure someone will start a ride report...

15. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I was done with work in time to have probably hooked up with you guys for the descent down Gabrielino to Switzers. :mad:

Looking forward to somebody's RR. :thumbsup:

16. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    Cisco' s see you again ride. . So Great to see our IMTB & OTB family .. our best wishes Cisco to you and yours. Big hugs from us all .Thank you , your the best" hugs from Mcg & me ♡♡♡♡♡ P.S. Great! to meet you Mike :):)

20170709_115721.jpg

20170709_090920.jpg

20170709_090944.jpg

20170709_091050.jpg

20170709_090951.jpg

20170709_060816.jpg

17. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Unfortunately out of town this weekend Cisco. Bummer I could not be there. We have a great friendship and have have had some great pedals together good luck. Happy trails. My Bro moves back up there to Issiqua end of July. Will send you his #. Take care my friend!

18. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Out of town too...
    Sorry I missed it. I will miss you too Magwa.
    Happy trails!!!!

mike and Cisco Roots like this.
  19. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    Thanks everyone for the show of love and brotherhood as my family and I embark on a new life journey! This group has always been a great place to share in my passion for riding mtb and I consider all of you great friends. Special shout out to @Luis who took me under his wing as a newbie OTB rider and showed me lots of new trails, introduced me to lots of awesome people, and taught crucial riding skills, love you man! Yesterdays ride I was crowned @Mikie Robin Mcguire BFF too (there are few of us now)!

Shout out to @Fueledbyex8 @MrGreedom @mike @Ricardo who rolled through from IMTB. Folks, @Ricardo is a strong rider and cool dude! Look fwd to seein him join in on some IMTB rides.

Postal Pat, herzalot, Luis and 7 others like this.
  20. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    @Ricardo may get the award for fastest transition from first post to first group ride.

We will miss you @Cisco Roots - even those of us who have not actually had the pleasure of riding with you. Cheers!

21. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Banshee Shartfire/Chiner 29r
    Lol...I teared up reading the posts.:cry:

Cisco Roots likes this.
  22. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Aww @Cisco Roots thanks for the kind words. Now you gonna have people thinking I'm patient and kind :inlove: when you know the opposite to be true. Especially when I point at you and laugh when you get a flat or eat Sh!t :cautious::rolleyes: I ain't holding anybody's hand o_O

Since I was at the back of the pack making sure all the cats being herded stayed true to the course, I didn't take too many pictures.

Here's the Relive activity
    https://www.relive.cc/view/1075882930
    and some pics:
    The extra credit group on the Colby Canyon single track. You can see the tiny specs in the middle of the picture.
    IMG_1736.JPG
    Looking back at Josephine saddle in the middle of the picture. I heard rumor that someone was planning to turn back at the top of the first climb. Ummm heck NO, not when the fun is just about to begin.
    The extra credit group bagged the peak while everyone regrouped at the top of the first climb. Josephine peak is kinda visible at the far right of the picture. You can see the fire road leading up to the top.
    IMG_1738.JPG
    Roobik, one of the extra credit riders tearing up some single track
    IMG_1741.JPG
    Carter, another extra credit rider and one fast rider
    IMG_1742.JPG
    Albert aka @Fueledbyex8 glad the first climb is over
    IMG_1744.JPG
    Ryan @MrGreedom is all smiles!
    IMG_1746.JPG
    @mike feeling the stoke of Strawberry Peak
    IMG_1753.JPG

23. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    A couple of more pics from Steve Messer aka Kanga, I borrowed from the OTB Facebook page. IMG_1756.JPGIMG_1757.JPGIMG_1758.JPGIMG_1759.JPGIMG_1760.JPG

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?