Check Out Guy Kesteven's Full Custom Tandem MTB

Discussion in 'Videos' started by PATKOUG, Aug 19, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. PATKOUG

PATKOUG Member

Name:
    Pete
    Current Bike:
    2015 Niner WFO 9
  2. PATKOUG

PATKOUG Member

Name:
    Pete
    Current Bike:
    2015 Niner WFO 9
  3. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    "..These guys are the Ramstein of bike buildin'!" They're the cycling equivalant of a shitty 90's metal band from Germany? Strange analogy but, okay.
    I'd love to see who the Neu! and Einsterzene Neubauten of bike building are....
    Sorry, music nerd response...

Cyclotourist, Faust29 and PATKOUG like this.
  4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    "You could have warned us, You Swine!"

I had tears in my eyes by the end. That was awesome... Better than his Chameleon review!

PATKOUG likes this.
  5. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    That's awesome.

PATKOUG likes this.
  6. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    TkkztJ3.png

Wondered how this claim was possible. There has to be some context to it, to understand what it meant. Looks like they added up all the racers they beat on each stage, if they completed all 6 stages. 1008 participants, including the 86 who DNF, with 922 finishers. Not as simple as subtracting their finishing place from 922 and adding it all up...

hwdUifx.png

Reminds me of the time I saw the tandem at Mammoth.

Sorry in advance for being a math nerd. This calculation interested me, but it requires a lot more time than I thought to sort through the DNF and subtract the # that beat them on any stage. At least I understand the logic behind it now. If you're a math nerd like me, here's another one for you: SAT practice problem for funsies.

* note that I'm not very into Guy's reviews, well known for his BikeRadar contributions, as he's quite biased. He has a bit of Richard Cunningham's myth making ability in him too. Hence, I treat anything he says with a heaping ladle of skepticism. I know he likes Santa Cruz bikes a lot, which I believe are good too, but he tries to lift them into the realm of untouchables. I wonder about all the UK based bikes that he also lifted to a similar level... perhaps I might get a chance to verify it myself, and I did say I like the direction that Whyte bike's designs are going.

PATKOUG likes this.
  7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Cool bike – except for the dinky hoops. :cool:

PATKOUG and mtnbikej like this.
  8. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Would be nice to have a CC option on it for those of us in the English speaking world!

mike, mtnbikej and PATKOUG like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?