Camping around Noble Cyn

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doublewide, Mar 8, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    A members post got me thinking about a Noble ride. Then I started thinking about camping down there so we can get a couple days of riding and relaxing. I saw on the Forest service website that there is some campgrounds and some "dispersed camping", which is what I'd prefer, has any one camped down there? And if so, was it close to the trails? Calling out Evan @evdog Since we have the roof top tent I'd like to set up camp and not have to move it to go ride. Any info would be appreciated!

littlewave, kioti and mike like this.
  2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    mike, littlewave, kioti and 1 other person like this.
  3. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    mike, littlewave and mtnbikej like this.
  4. Oaken

Oaken Well-Known Member

Name:
    CeeJay
    I know there are some sites around Big Laguna lake (when it's there)

5. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    There are campsites off Pine Creek Rd and a few other roads. Unfortunately these days they're often occupied by vanlife douchebags due to articles like the one above. You'll be able to find a spot, just maybe not one of the primo ones unless you're lucky.

Only restriction aside from no campfires is dispersed camping is only allowed outside the Laguna Rec area. Inside that area, only camping in designated campgrounds is allowed.

Most of the sites aren't ideal in terms of trail access. Honestly if that is a priority, get a spot at the Laguna Campground and you can easily ride from there.

Other places nearby with Cuyumaca State Park (sites are a bit more $$ and no dispersed camping) or go down to Corral Canyon OHV. Free campground camping and fun trails.

Cyclotourist, mike, mtnbikej and 4 others like this.
  6. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    Thanks Evan. :thumbsup:

mike likes this.
  7. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I second the Laguna Campground advice. The Big Laguna Trail runs right thru the campground with access to everything up there. The sites are the standard types you see nowadays with your neighbors 30 feet away. Some motorhomes, some trailers and a lot of tents. I have several friends that go up a few times a year and none of them ever complain about anything so people must be pretty well behaved.

doublewide and kingaucho like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?