Aerozine CS44 X-Cog

Discussion in 'Drive Trains' started by RS VR6, Mar 2, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Banshee Shartfire/Chiner 29r
    Friend of mine gave me a XX1 cassette with a pretty badly worn 42T. On steep sections the chain would skip over the teeth when pedaling. I couldn't really bring myself to spend 90 bucks on a Wolf Tooth or OneUp cog. I've been watching this Aerozone one at 50 for a few weeks now. Someone put up a 10 dollar off code for eBay so I bought it. Ordered on Friday from somewhere in New Jersey, arrived on Wednesday.

The removal and install was quite easy. I used a wide blade flat head screwdriver. Slowly and gently pried it off. Install was just as easy. Used a channel lock and gently pressed the 44T onto the tabs. Went around a few times till the cog was seated all the way on the tabs. Took about 10 mins including cleaning the inside of the cassette a bit.

Shifting seems good...maybe a bit slower than the stock...but that is serious nitpicking.

All in all pretty good for 40 bucks shipped to me.

This only works with the XX1/X01 since the 42T is removable on these two cassettes.

IMG_20170301_161247741.jpg

Cassette on the right is a X01
    IMG_20170301_163410121.jpg

IMG_20170301_173223613.jpg

scottay, noLungs, Voodoo Tom and 5 others like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    That's a helluva jump from second to largest cog....what is it, 36 to 44? Looks bigger.:gag:

Danmtchl likes this.
  3. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Yup, 36 to 44. Only two more teeth compared to stock. It not something I can really notice pedaling around.

You should see Wolf Tooth's 46T. You're going from the 36 to 46.

GCX_46T_Red_1024x1024.jpg

4. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Good deal. Got the code ?

5. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    This was the code "CFEBFLASH10OFF", but it was only good till 6pm PT on 2/24.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?