Bontrager TLR Flash Charger Floor Pump

Discussion in 'Pumps' started by mike, Mar 17, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hey, Mikie, I didn't see a good subforum for a pump in Gear and Accessories; re-file this wherever.

Disclaimer: Post does not apply to Rossage : )

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/...ntrager-tlr-flash-charger-floor-pump/p/11881/

I used one of these today to set up my friend's bike tubeless. What a cool piece of gear!!! You "load up" the pump's internal reservoir to 130+ lbs and unload all that air into your tire with the easy pull of a lever. It's ingenious and eliminates the need for an air compressor to set your tires up tubeless.

It worked without removing valve cores(!) On the second tire, I had a big gap in the bead that lost most of the air, but because I was not busy pumping I could work the bead and got it set before the reservoir emptied. Has a universal head that takes presta and schrader; its long locking lever works well.

Cost $120, but some regular floor pumps are pushing 100. When I finally break down and replace my shop POS, it will definitely be with one of these. The only thing keeping me from getting one now is that I have a compressor. The final test will be longevity, but my shop guys assure me that Bonty is awesome about backing their gear.

Andy, Danmtchl, Mikie and 5 others like this.
  2. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Looks slick... Perfect for setting up tubeless on road trips if you get to the point of having to replace a tire :thumbsup:

3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @mike,
    Very cool product.
    And you are right, need a tire pump Forum. There are some great and not so great pumps.

Edit: Moved to the new "Pump" Forum. You rock, as usual Mr. Mike!

Danmtchl and mike like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?