Cane Creek - Helm

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MrGreedom, Mar 2, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Boost and 27.5 only right now, but it looks promising. 35mm/travel-adjust and still lightweight. Cane Creek innovations and reliability.

TFPU.

MrGreedom and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  3. riiz

riiz Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Heckler/Killmaleon
    Its a great time to launch a fork, they watched and allowed the other fork manufacturers to figure out what works.

Its a Frankenstein creation in a good way, it has a sealed damper like Rockshox's Charger or Fox's Fit4. It has copied Manitou's Mattoc/Dorado air-spring design down to the air volume adjustability and Cane Creek even tried their IRT design, basically a 2-chambered positive spring. And like MRP's Stage, you can bleed the positive chamber after setting the negative spring for a lower break-away force. The axle reminds of the simplicity of the highend SR-Suntour forks too.

My only gripe with the Helm, is that the blue finish wont be a standard offering. That's pretty different in a sea of black forks.

DangerDirtyD, mike, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    @riiz It comes in black. They only made a few hundred blue.

I LOVE that CC finally came out with a fork. I have two Cane Creek shocks and they are stellar!

Tom the Bomb, mike and MattB like this.
  5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I forgot about this thread.

I rode an air Helm on the Eminent Haste I demo'd. Like most forks, I had to run far less air than recommended in order for it to get a suitable amount of travel and plushness. It wasn't very plush, but I only ran it down Rock-It, Stairs and TnA. It takes a long time to get a fork dialed in.

We should be able to find some long-term tests at this point using the Google.

DangerDirtyD likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?