Kali Interceptor

Discussion in 'Helmets' started by dustyyoungblood, Feb 24, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Tags:
  1. I was thinking about how old my FOX Flux helmet was....... yeah 10 years. Back when Super D was a thing and Enduro involved 450's and lots of stop watches and a compass.

So I tried on the Bell stuff. Not a great fit but ok that could work. MIPS cost how much?? And do I really want a removable chin guard?

IXS: perfect fit, fair price, popular
    Urge: ugly as all hell. WTF is this thing? No thanks
    Seven IDP: similar design to IXS, but +2 more style points. Not good fit. Bummer
    Giro: nah, maybe 15 years ago
    Kali: what's this new model? interceptor? It's got little squishy rubber bits being called a "MIPS Killer"??? Awesome

I got this Kali helmet, it's a brand new model just arrived 3 weeks ago. It's light, highly vented, mega Stylish, flip up visor, massive fit adjuster range for only 2 sizes. I am really happy I found it. Even tough they do not have a direct sales model, the staff was very helpful with my questions when local dealers were not interested in helping .

Kali for life:)

IMG_6582.PNG

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    You better charge your phone, bro!

My MIPS dots on my Troy Lee A1 hurt my head - with or without a skull cap. My IXS is the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned, except the brow is so low it hurts my neck (you can figure that one out).

So I am now using the 7iDP M2. So far so good. A little tricky to get my Oakley's situated right.

7iDP-M2.jpg

That Kali looks bomb!

3. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    I am picking up my Interceptor tomorrow. I demoed one a few months ago from the Kali rep. Great helmet. I had an Amara and it was really comfortable but got in a bad crash with it. I wanted a Maya but they were sold out if them at the time, but I got a great deal on a 661 EVO AM w MIPS. Been a great helmet also, but I buy a new helmet every 2 years and it was time to pick one up.

4. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I got mine as a crash replacement for my Amira. So far I like it. Not sure how the flip up visor works?20170220_170407-1119x1493.jpg

RS VR6, Danmtchl and DangerDirtyD like this.
  5. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Real catchy name!?!?!?:Roflmao

Danmtchl and herzalot like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?