Arizona Riding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luvmammoth, Feb 16, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. luvmammoth

luvmammoth Member

Name:
    DW
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallboy3
    Heading out towards Sedona today and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about riding in Sedona or even on the way there. I was looking at the Prescott area as a possibility.

2. NewEnglander

NewEnglander Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Cannondale Scalpel
    Riding in Sedona is totally sweet. All single track and no fire roads. My favorite.
    Head to Over the Edge mountain bike shop and buy a map. They can give you suggestions depending on your skill level. For expert riding be sure to hit high line, the hogs, and if your up for some exposure and are not riding alone go for hangover.
    Water is your friend. Bring lots.

herzalot, luvmammoth, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  3. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Yea what ^^^Mike^^^ said

Also check out Bike & Bean and/or Absolute Bikes in the Village of Oak Creek if you're gonna be near Bell Rock.
    They got maps too.

4. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Prescott is also a great place to ride. XC oriented stuff mainly. I ride there often.

luvmammoth, DangerDirtyD and Mikie like this.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
  6. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    Some friends and I were there in October and we really enjoyed the Adobe Jack area. Lots of areas to stop and play, plus there is the big sinkhole at the top of the actual Adobe Jack trail.

If you want tech, Hangover is good, with the crazy stuff coming when you descend off the ridge line.

If you want mileage, the West Sedona Tour with Chuckwagon added in is a good one. All of this is on MTBProject if you want to look there.

Basically there is a lot of choices and it’s all amazing.

luvmammoth and DangerDirtyD like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?