All in multitool

Discussion in 'Gear and Accessory Reviews' started by muni, Sep 2, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    Wanted a multi tool that could be stored on the bike. I looked at the Oneup EDC tool but not compatible with my Camber. Steerer tube is to short. So I purchased the All in multitool from https://www.allinmultitool.co.uk/. Well built and has great leverage. Also I'll be getting the Topeak Ninja C chain tool. It stores on the bar ends and includes a chain hook..

36987638665_1aa8b9c60c.jpg

36847307541_36664616a4.jpg

36987638555_ca934f8cbc.jpg

36151776734_beaa398afe.jpg

2. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    That's definitely a cool set up. I much prefer the bike doing the work for me like that.

Faust29, mike and Danmtchl like this.
  3. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    I love the innovation, can't justify the cost.
    In short, I'm jealous.

4. levity

levity Member

Name:
    gone
    The Specialized SWAT tool stores in a small cradle that attaches to the bottom of a water bottle cage so "you won't leave home without it".
    Like the All-In it has 3, 4, 5, and 6mm hex keys and a 25 Torx but has a flat blade screwdriver instead of a Phillips.
    The SWAT also adds an 8mm hex - useful for when that darn SRAM crank bolt comes loose. :rolleyes:

The SWAT tool and cradle weigh about half what the the All-In does and costs less than half as much.

20170904_111147-L.jpg

20170904_111238-L.jpg

DangerDirtyD, MrGreedom, mike and 3 others like this.
  5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    That is fairly cool! Thanks for sharing...

6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Yeah, but then you are buying a Specialized product and...

Oh never mind. Yay Specialized! :sick:

7. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    Yeah I looked at all the tools. Also my yeti don't have a bottle cage mount. I'm going to use the backcountry straps for the tube/co2/tire levers at the lower triangle. The new version of the swat tool hasn't been released yet. Goes in the fork tube just like the oneup edc but has the chain tool on the bottom of the fork tube. Probably the best in frame tool system to date.

Fast forward to see the new tool on the 18 enduro.

mutherload_page.jpe

8. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I like the concept.....but I am not a fan of multi tools that have little pieces that come loose and/or can be lost.

Also not a fan of leaving the tube exposed to the elements just strapped to the down tube.

I'm with @herzalot .....even if that Special'ed tool is the best tool on the planet...I won't be buying. I don't support Spcl'ed and have done a pretty excellent job the last 15 years not giving them any of my money.

Danmtchl, DangerDirtyD and Faust29 like this.
  9. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Ok... I'll ask the dumb question. I love the "in the crank hole" tool. That looks awesome, and worthy of going on my Christmas list. Will you notice the extra rotational weight in the cranks? Aren't you basically adding the weight of an axle where there wasn't weight before?

Danmtchl, UPSed and DangerDirtyD like this.
  10. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I totally dig all of the innovative solutions to put tools on your bike however in my experience 1lb on the bike is like 10lb on yourself. I have everything I need in a small pouch that fits in my jersey pocket.

11. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    Hopefully I get to ride with you guys soon. Only thing holding me back is my condition. But when I do I'll loan the tool set to anyone here to try out. First time today I rode with the multi tool today and didn't notice any difference. Also crashed hard today and the tool stayed in place. Neodymium magnets held the tool and all the pieces in place. A+ review from today's ride.

Danmtchl, UPSed, DangerDirtyD and 3 others like this.
  12. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I had a similar setup on my 130 bike with a tool box and CO2, right nice and low next to the BB. I couldn't get the setup to work well on the Enduro so far, still need to mess with it though. But a tube fits in the "Batwing" area nicely!

Danmtchl and mtnbikej like this.
  13. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    Received the chain breaker and chain hook today. Fits on the bar ends. Nicely made, but may fall out from crashing. So you put the tool in the bar end and rotate the knurled outer piece. It then expands the inner rubber piece against your bars. I'll see if it stays in.

36716409850_ab8ef50783.jpg

14. john_hovard

john_hovard Guest

Where did you buy these? I looked at the web site from Topeak but no such items were available there. Do they look as items of quality, meaning something that will function and not break when cutting a chain? I have broken a few of these small chain breakers,some look good but will function only a couple of times; some are built to look good not to function.

Faust29 likes this.
  15. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    Topeak ninja series. https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/ninja-series/102-ninja-c .
    Found them on Amazon as well. They look strong but hang on, let me take a tumble first and see if they stay on. One thing I dislike is they rattle, I taped bubble wrap around them and then inserted them in the bars. This is how they look on the bar ends.

36942331756_52439b94db.jpg

Cyclotourist and Faust29 like this.
  16. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    john_hovard likes this.
  17. john_hovard

john_hovard Guest

18. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Yes, adding new weight, but at the center of the rotation it won't be felt as "rotational," only as added weight. Just like a heavy hub, takes negligible effort to maker it spin compared to a rim or tire. : )

Some of these are really cool, but that Topeak bar plug thing looks downright dangerous. Getting stabbed by your bar in a crash is no joke. My buddy broke a rib that way; I once got a close call behind the knee. A normal plug in my case would have ended my ride, my buddy would probably have gotten an open would in addition. Oury Lock-on- type plugs FTW.

Faust29 likes this.
  19. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    I can confirm small crashes they stay on. Brand new Maxxis DHF doesn't like going slow nor does it like being directed. Bike almost took a plunge down the cliff. Bars hit the ground with a good impact. Yeah I may just tie a string just insert inside the bar. Don't think I need the chain hook, the knurled cap comes off.

36975445572_306c96ff54.jpg

20. muni

muni Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    17 Yeti SB5
    Instead of starting new topic, I'll use this one. Received two Specialized top cap chain break tool. I have to say it's very nice and light. Weight is a couple grams heavier then my standard top cap. It has two magnets on top to hold 1 missing link as pictured. To install it, you'll need a star nut tool. Specialized included an extender to punch down the star nut to 32mm using your standard star nut tool. Those that hates Specialized, has only a simple small S logo on the top cap.

36955994190_88911e78dd.jpg
    37180720872_432e29ef59.jpg
    37162792916_b9e3e6cf59.jpg
    37181394612_3d6ac5417c.jpg

littlewave, Cyclotourist and mtnbikej like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?