China Peak Enduro - California Enduro Series

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Cougar, Mar 13, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 07-01-17
  1. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    I just got permission for the wife to sign up for the China Peak Enduro, as my third and final traveling event of the 2017 season. (Going from zero overnight traveling MTB trips to 3 in one year, wooo) Registration just opened tonight if you are interested.

July 1st. We are unsure at the moment if we are going to make it a longer family vacation and hit the Yosemite area over the 4th holiday or not yet.

http://www.californiaenduroseries.com/2016/01/01/chinapeakenduro/

I just signed up for the Beginner class, as even though my DH skills are improving pretty rapidly, I don't really know how I'd stack up in an EWS Qualifying event. For beginners and sport classes, it's only 3 stages instead of the full 4 stages. The Race Book shows the full 4 stages at 20 miles and ~3500 gain. So one less transfer stage brings that gain back into the reasonable.

Varaxis, Faust29, herzalot and 5 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I missed this when you posted it... Fun looking course. It looks less chunky than Cannell. You are going to fly... :thumbsup:

Cougar, Danmtchl and mtnbikej like this.
  3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I gotta call out @Cougar as IMTB all-around mt. biker of the year.

He has been riding for about two years. He has done XC races, Enduro races, Fontana DH, @mtnbikej epics, Snow Summit laps, Hell Rides, Poker Rides, Pioneertown, Sea Otter, Non-Dot, True Grit Utah and more - all on the same bike. Props! :thumbsup::cool:

4. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    Awww shucks amigo :)

herzalot, Faust29 and jaime like this.