Rider down on Lynx tonight

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by TwoWheel Eric, Apr 25, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. TwoWheel Eric

TwoWheel Eric Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    2 helos responded. Injuries sounded like dislocated shoulder and broken elbow perhaps. Anyone know more about how he's doing?

MattB and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Doesn't sound like a Helo was in order. I clipped a pedal and buried my face into that little step up towards the top two years ago. Knocked myself out, cut up my face, dislocated my shoulder and had other various symptoms. I am told I walked out with the help of my friend and some passers by. I am also told I refused to get into my buddy's wife's car, and thus got a ride to Big Mission via ambulance. I am told they put my shoulder back in place there.

Healing vibes and positive thoughts for the cowboy who got bucked by a Lynx. It's not a super tough trail, but it has its victims. Right @knucklebuster ?

3. TwoWheel Eric

TwoWheel Eric Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    I agree. Walked a mile down a trail to my car in Fruita pushing my bike with my left arm with a dislocated right shoulder. I was briefly knocked out as well. Never considered calling 911. For future reference skip the medical facility in Fruita and go straight to Grand Junction.

I don't think this guy ended up being transported by helo though and not sure what happened exactly. He had a friend helping him. He was on the ground below the small rock garden descent.

mtnbikej, MattB, kioti and 2 others like this.
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I have seen many helo assists in Aliso where the rider is not ultimately transported by said whirlybird. Hoping this guy didn't have a costly extraction.
    Healing vibes!

mtnbikej likes this.
  5. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    "I am told" :eek:

To be in such a condition that you don't recall many details of the event surely calls for a helo evac! (think head trauma)

MattB and herzalot like this.
  6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    It could have been head trauma. I don't remember. :whistling: :) :confused:

Luis, mtnbikej and MattB like this.
  7. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Yep, partly responsible for my screen name.... used to like to get a fast run at it coming down the extra credit trail across the fire road... at full speed on the first left hander cut it too tight and clipped that big rock with my left knuckle. Nothing near as bad as @herzalot though.

Hope that person yesterday is OK, anyone hear any more info?

herzalot likes this.
  8. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Lynx is a sneaky little bastard ... I have crashed on it twice. I hope the dude is OK.

herzalot likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?