Rock n road - Mission viejo

Discussion in 'Local Bike Shop Reviews' started by wheezy, Nov 10, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. wheezy

wheezy Member

Name:
    Todd McTallguy
    Current Bike:
    2020 NORCO Range VLT C1
    I'll be candid, typically NOT the kind of shop I'd ever walk into. I've always liked the weird mtb culture shops like The Path, Bend Cyclery (probably my favorite). The Rock N Road doesn't have that feel from an outward appearance it's Mission Viejo Strip Mall location.

The owner Jeff doesn't really fit that category either. Clean cut, shirt tucked in kinda guy. But he's one of the nicest dudes I've ever encountered in the industry, and I've been in it and around it my entire life so that's saying a lot. Genuine dude for sure.

What makes this shop rad, are the people. Elliot is one of the managers there and he's just so chill, knows his stuff, and pretty sure he knows how to party. Very easy to talk to and no discernible bike shop ego. Back in the shop is one of the industries best mechanics. I know this because I used to wrench with him back in the day at the Irvine Bike Source. Shaun. Also one of the most bad ass riders in Orange County (he won't tell you that though, but don't try to follow him DOWN anything).

I just bought a bike through these guys and couldn't be happier. The bike was dialed and ready to go, except for tubeless which they did PROPERLY and on the spot while I waited. Even took the time to set sag and bar position for me since I was there. Pretty dope service, got a good price on the bike and enjoyed hanging out.

Luis, DangerDirtyD, Danmtchl and 9 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Not a Rock N Road fan, but glad you had a great experience!

mike, kioti, Faust29 and 1 other person like this.
  3. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Went to the place frequently when I resided in the area and couldn't agree more. Jeff is one of the nicest, smartest guys I've met in cycling. Bent his ear with many questions which he always answered graciously. No better guy in the bike biz.

4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    And this is where I fall when it comes to Rock N Road... It's the same distance as the Path for me, but I always end up there. But, if we all thought the same, and had the same experiences, where would we be?

kioti likes this.
  5. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    +2

I don't buy Specialized....so I have no need to shop there.

Plus my experience at the Laguna Lills location was less than average.

The Irvine store has hosted several of our VQ/CC packet pickup days...but just not my kind of store.

Glad the OP found a store he likes.

6. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    I really like their SWAT Bibs.....

Luis, UPSed and mtnbikej like this.
  7. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Not walking along the 101 Freeway.

rossage, mike and Luis like this.
  8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Laguna Niguel maybe?

9. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Probably.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?