sup dudes

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by floyd, Jun 5, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. floyd

floyd Member

Name:
    garret
    Current Bike:
    Another new guy here. Pretty cool site!
    I've been riding less than a year. Bought my first mtb maybe 10 months ago mostly as a fun way to get in shape. Dirt biking has always been my main thing.. "advanced" trail riding and long adventure type rides. Since getting the mtb though I haven't ridden the motorcycles much. It's so much easier to load up a bicycle and get to the trailhead :) I try to ride Floop or santiago oaks at least once during the week, and try to do at least one longer ride on the weekends. Fitness is still my weakness though.. I can get up the mountain, just not very fast :)
    Recently i've done skypark a few times and just got a season pass for snow summit, so i'm gonna try to get the most out of that.
    Looking forward to joining some of the rides on here eventually!

2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Welcome aboard, @floyd ! Jump in with both feet. Sounds like your mtb start is about the same as mine.

Don't wait to join. Feel free to get in on posted rides, and if you fall off the back you'll likely be riding with me. :oops:

Ride lots, and write lots. :thumbsup:

3. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Welcome @floyd... I'm an ex dirt biker myself and your right that it's way easier to load up and hit the trails with your MTB. I still have an old 2004 KTM that only has 40 hours on the clock. Fact is I ride my mountain bike that much in a month and I have more fun. Stick with it, the fitness will be there.:thumbsup:

DangerDirtyD, Luis, herzalot and 5 others like this.
  4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I can't keep up with all the new signups! :confused: :p :thumbsup:

Welcome... Fitness comes fast, but we're a pretty understanding crowd and we don't leave people behind. Well, there was that one guy... :whistling: There's a group ride in Wrightwood this weekend. Our fearless leader, @Mikie, has planned it so that all fitness levels will be able to enjoy the trails. A nice central meeting location with access to out and backs, loops, etc... Every now and then he has a good idea. :D

It also sounds like it's time for me to throw up the Maple to Motorway no-drop ride and see if we can get some of the new forum members up into the mountains. :thumbsup:

5. ChrisCrash

ChrisCrash Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Christopher Newell
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    I just signed up as well @floyd (literally yesterday) - I ride Santiago Oaks from time to time.
    Mostly Aliso Woods/Laguna though, so if you're ever in the area let me know! Oh, and of course the luge.

6. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Welcome Floyd.....

I'm at the Oaks several times a week.....my backyard.

Only rules to follow.....Ride Lots....Post Lots. Participation is key.

We have all kinds here.

Everything from Flooper's to Epic Death Marches and everything in between.

Don't be a lurker.

7. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Hey @floyd , welcome to crazy town!

8. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    sup' @floyd! Welcome aboard. Lots of moto guys realizing its easier to prep and ride a mtb bike than a moto.

What part of Anacrime? I'm in Cypress and pedal at the Oaks more than anywhere else. Throw it out there if you ever want a tag-along.

9. floyd

floyd Member

Name:
    garret
    Current Bike:
    Aliso/Laguna is on my short list of places to ride for sure. I've only been there once but it was great. Too gnarly of a drive for me to get there during the week though.. at least during daylight hours.

10. floyd

floyd Member

Name:
    garret
    Current Bike:
    Yep! There's just a lot more that goes into motos. Usually a much longer drive to get to the trails. It's much more challenging to find like minded/skilled riding partners as well. I usually found myself riding in a group where I was way over my head getting my ass kicked or the ride would end up too slow/short/boring. I sold my main 4stroke and am just down to my ktm 300 which sucks for long rides due to fuel range.. Someday i'll get another 4stroke though.

I'm near the packing house off lincoln. The oaks is my goto as well, but am currently working in long beach so I've been taking my bike to work and just head there afterwords.

11. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Outstanding Fellers!
    Welcome @floyd!
    Way to jump in there @ChrisCrash!!!!

Guys, come to Wrightwood on Saturday!
    Bring something to crisp on the grill and your favorite beverage. Rides of all levels.

Meet awesome people, mountain bikers at all kinds.
    Hey you will even drive away with an Oh-ficial imtbtrails sticker! Dam! Showing up for just THAT is worth it!
    (I cant believe I said that with straight face..)
    :) Mikie
    imtbtrails

12. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Another new victim...uh um member.
    Welcome to the best little forum around! Yes there are all types here, I'm sure you'll fit right in.

13. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Fitness comes (and goes) so incredibly quickly... a solid week will do wonders! Technical skill comes over time, but it's really just about taking your hands off the brakes and pointing the bike in the right direction. I have a feeling that you new guys that have been riding a year or so are probably just fine for both. Give group riding a shot and see how it goes!!!

floyd, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 5 others like this.
  14. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Welcome Floyd. One thing every newcomer has to explain, is why their screen name is Floyd but the name in their profile is Garret.o_O

So like, Baja 1000 kinda thing? Cool!

15. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Uh, yea, sup doods? Where u guys been? Well, Chris and floyd, yer here now and that’s what matters. Welcome!

Ride like ya stole it and post up. Looking forward to sharing some dirt. Or even Santa Anas choss. :cool:

floyd, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 8 others like this.
  16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Howdy @floyd!

Looks like our two new guys both like them there DH runs. Probably like jumps too. Looking forward to riding with Floyd and Chris - but what is it with you Anaheim guys who think that Aliso and LCWP is on another planet? It's a 25-30 minute drive to three of the main trailheads (Ridge Park, Willow and Canyon Vistas).

Let's do this! :thumbsup:

EDIT: I re-read Floyd's / Garret's statement. Yes, driving from Long Beach to a trailhead near Laguna after work would be a challenge. Depends on where in Long Beach and which trailhead in LCWP. 405 to 73 will get you to the trails mach schnell.

floyd, Mikie, ChrisCrash and 6 others like this.
  17. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
  18. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I'm just southeast of Knott's and often commute by bike to downtown Long Beach...hitting the FLoop after work is more realistic for me than Santiago Oaks, or LCWP.

floyd, Mikie, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  19. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Howdy! Welcome to the group. If you ever want to check out the San Gab Valley riding scene, I ride nearly every morning. You are more than welcome to come along. Not great like some other places, but fun and uncrowded.

floyd, Mikie, Faust29 and 5 others like this.
  20. floyd

floyd Member

Name:
    garret
    Current Bike:
    Just my screen name of choice since i was a little computer nerd kid on bbs/irc. I liked the andy griffith show haha.

Hehe not quite that gnarly. 150-200 mile rides each day are normal though.. Which can be quite a lot depending how much single track is involved.

herzalot, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  21. floyd

floyd Member

Name:
    garret
    Current Bike:
    Yep I love the DH. I bought an enduro bike first because I knew i'd wanna go to the bike parks and go fast down gnarly stuff. I've done snow summit twice now and am just starting to get the hang of the jumps.. Still kinda intimidating but in a fun way. I've since bought a trail bike since the enduro is a bit much for local trails. I don't regret that at all.. it definitely made regular trail riding more exciting.

Yeah I probably should suck it up and make the trek to aliso. I know it'd be worth it. Lots of daylight after work these days too.

herzalot, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  22. Derek13

Derek13 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Derek Smith
    Current Bike:
    SC Hightower
    Please do Steve. I'm looking forward to time off for this loop with you guys. Thanks

23. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    I work up the street from the packing house, la palma & anaheim.

If you are into it, I could possibly meet you at the oaks after work on a weekday. Just let me know so I can bring my to work with me.

HAPPY TRAILS!!!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?