Screw up protects from blow up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricekrispyota, Jun 5, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    Last night I was swapping out my cassette and in the process stripped the threads in the driver body. I pulled the driver off this morning to get ready to swap it out and found a crack running from one of the pawls to about the middle of the driver body. Thank god for screw ups and forgetting to grab the torque wrench......sometimes. Lol

herzalot, Luis, Cornholio and 10 others like this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Wowtch! Good catch! Sometimes there is a reason for failure and discovery.

herzalot, Cyclotourist and Cornholio like this.
  3. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    At first glance I thought this thread was gonna be about this or something similar...

Man on LSD Saves Dog From Imaginary Fire: Police
    3AC2E26E-1FEF-454F-86B9-3232F395F693.jpeg

An upstate New York man apparently high on hallucinogens broke into his neighbor's home to save their dog from what he thought was a burning home, police say.

There was no fire, state police told WNYT-TV. The man had consumed LSD and cough medicine and thought his neighbor's home in Saratoga County was being consumed by flames last Thursday, officials say.

He went around his Halfmoon neighborhood banging on doors and yelling about a fire, WNYT reported. When no one would help, he drove his black BMW sedan through his neighbor's fence, went to the back door and smashed through it to retrieve the dog.

He emerged triumphantly with the large white dog, and responding officers found him standing outside the home with the dog in his arms, police said.

"He believed that the residence was on fire and he was rescuing the dog," State Police Troop G spokesman Mark Cepiel said.

The man, 43-year-old Michael Orchard, was arrested on charges of burglary and criminal mischief. He was jailed on $15,000 bail.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/new...icine-Saves-Dog-Imaginary-Fire-397361811.html

4. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    No good deed goes unpunished...

herzalot and Cornholio like this.
  5. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Go big or go home!

mtnbikej, herzalot and Cornholio like this.
  6. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Seriously, this guy should get a key to the city for his dedication to public safety.

When no one would help, he drove his black BMW sedan through his neighbor's fence, went to the back door and smashed through it to retrieve the dog.

He emerged triumphantly with the large white dog, and responding officers found him standing outside the home with the dog in his arms, police said.”

mtnbikej, Cyclotourist and doublewide like this.
  7. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Ummmm okayyyy
    So what cassette did you install @Ricekrispyota
    This inquiring mind wants to know :geek:

herzalot, Cyclotourist and Cornholio like this.
  8. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg

I was putting on an SLX 11-46 cassette, swapping from an SLX 11-42. Only way I caught the crack is because I boogered up the threads when I tried to install the cassette lock ring. I removed the driver to install the new one and saw the crack. Really had nothing to do with the cassette, more so the driver body and pawl mounts.

C1395D38-1A2C-4435-AFE1-E0DF1A83C3A0.jpeg
    76C28960-79F8-4A1F-A3B6-FC475B88DAD9.jpeg

In the second pic, the crack is at the 11 o’clock position right next to the pawl.

By the way, LSD dog saver story is awesome!!!

mtnbikej, herzalot, Luis and 4 others like this.
  9. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    I volunteer to take acid and work on your bike. :confused:

10. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    LSD always seemed to put me at the edge of sanity, a little too close, actually.
    Now magic mushrooms...they'll have you talking to God, and listening to his casual reply.

mtnbikej and Cyclotourist like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?