Win some, lose some

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by mike, Nov 16, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    My friend Gabe from San Clemente and I hit the trail today. He's not a mountain biker, but like most of us that did BMX he rises to the occasion.

Same ride I did with my other friend Jeff two days ago. I found a 8'-tall rock trailside that I could ride up the back of, and in the front was a narrow spine angling down to the dirt with steep drops left and right. I told Jeff I'd try it some day.

Today I rode into it on my Smash and dropped it, my rear wheel skating off the line near the bottom. More intimidating than tricky. Traded bikes back to my Czar and promptly went OTB just dicking around on some easy rocks, classic low speed dump more bruising to ego than anything.

I was just getting warmed up... I knew damn well the bottom of the trail was iced up, but damn if I didn't come screaming in there thinking I could shave it, bike and me go down instantly and end up looking like a pretzel. I must have whacked an embedded rock with my knee pad, skin broken under the pad, flapper on my forearm from a pedal stud. Yard sale alert!!!!!!!!!! :bang::confused:

Playing 1.5 hours of hacky sack afterward was probably a dumb idea. I think no riding tomorrow... Had to think of my pal @Faust29, cuz my last ride with him was my last decent dump. Prolly overdue, hehe. And how about two in one ride...not sure I've ever done that... :oops::eek:

Thank you, Boulder of Redemption! :cool:

OTHRider, herzalot, UPSed and 14 others like this.
  2. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    I feel your pain!
    I just had a high-speed brush with a granitoid boulder that left me with two dime-sized cherries on the bony protrusions of my right knee. Damned if they ain't burning right now!
    I've been on top of my tech game lately, but I know a reset is waiting for my first mistake.

3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hah, thanks for the commiseration, Ross. Shower time hurts so good, eh...

Stay sharp, bro. I'll try not to be too dull. :thumbsup:

4. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Knew by the title where this one was going but damn not usually to @mike. Stupid rocks like to bite back sometimes. The switching bikes thing ain't easy. Guess'n you'll be ok and hopefully the bike faired well. Heal quick pal.

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Ouch! Too long without paying tribute to the mountain gods. They needed their offering!

Heal up... And we'll take another shot at Motorway when you get back this way.

mike, rossage and Cyclotourist like this.
  6. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?